Favorite Quotes for Teachers
“Give me 6 hours to cut down a tree, and I will spend the first 4 sharpening the axe.” President Abraham Lincoln
“Teaching is not a delivery system, it’s an art form.” Sir Ken Robinson
Teachers, are you interested in teaching more efficiently, effectively and expertly?
- Sharpen your axe: Read my teaching guides and get a colleague’s perspective (mine!) on what works and doesn’t, and why….
- Learn some axe-wielding techniques: check out my YouTube videos
- Follow along on Facebook
- Check out my Udemy online course “How to Teach English Vowels”
- Join the axe-wielders club: Sign up for occasional news and updates (in the sign-up box >>>) to ensure that you get news about teaching and learning English pronunciation–new guides, webinars, tips and tools….
Students, would you like to learn how to improve your pronunciation and accent in English?
We are often our own best teachers. Students of English, if you can read this page, you will be able to understand my pronunciation/accent e-guides. Just search my name, Peggy Tharpe, or go here– Amazon Author Page. If you can’t find me on your Amazon, please let me know at peggy@AmericanPronunciationCoach.com Thanks!
If you are at an advanced level in English and you want to improve your overall sound and neutralize your accent, check out my online course on Udemy–How to Teach English Vowels–it’s written for TESOL and TEFL teachers, but I’m sure you’ll be able to follow along (there are captions also), and work independently on strengthening your vowel sounds in English!
- Sign up for teaching and learning news and updates; they come out occasionally and have information for learners as well as teachers. The sign up box is on the right side of this page!
- If you would like to discuss private online pronunciation classes to improvement your pronunciation or neutralize your accent, click here.
- Watch my YouTube videos.
- Read my answers on Quora.com to questions people ask about pronunciation and accent.
- Please look around my website,
- Join me on Facebook
My Arabic accent guide discusses important differences between Arabic and English sounds.
The Japanese accent guide, which comes in 3 parts, addresses how to teach and learn the pronunciation of English vowels,, consonants, and everything else: syllable stress, word stress, rhythm, beat, and intonation.